Sunday, December 2, 2012

Willie's Sausage Dip! It's slap your momma good!!!!

Quite often I am requested to make my world famous sausage dip.  Whether it be for an office party, tailgating, or just for the heck of it, this stuff is always a hit.  More often than not my slow cooker insert comes back so clean I can hardly tell it even had any dip in it! Although this dip is super good I only make it for special occasions as it can be a little.....well.....not so good for you in the fat category.  I would like to try it with a leaner meat sausage such as bison or deer but more often than not I just use the store bought pork sausage.  You could also use the lower fat cream cheese or a different substitute, this stuff is pretty hard to mess up!

Now for the ingredients:


You will need:
  • 4 8oz boxes of cream cheese.  I like Original Philadelphia.
  • 2 16oz packs of sausage. I'm using Maple and Regular, but you can use any combination.
  • 2 10oz cans of ROTEL tomatoes and chilies. I use a hot and mild, but you can change to suit your heat tolerance.
  • You will also need some chips, bread squares or fingers to dip your dip with! Scoop type chips work well.
First you want to brown up your sausage.  Nothing browns up sausage like my old trusty cast iron frying pan. Drain and set aside.

Now you want to open your tomatoes and pour both cans into a pan. (large enough for all ingredients). Warm at medium heat.





One at a time, add your cream cheese, while stirring.  Keep adding until you have the 4 packs incorporated into the tomatoes.


It should look like this once your cream cheese is all melted.


Now its time to add your browned and drained sausage.



Mix well and you're Done! It is that easy! Your friends and family will love you and your personal trainer will hate you. But hey, that's what New Year's resolutions are for right!!!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds incredible. I will definately be trying this one.

    ReplyDelete